Coding with Open AI GPT-3, Codex
UPDATE ON SUBMISSIONS: We updated the submission date for an extra month. Submissions is on Saturday, February 12
The Hack Goals: Build creative Plugins, Extensions, and/or APIs using GPT-3 & Codex to work with existing applications. More details below.
The Hack Themes: Education, Productivity, Music, and the Arts.
In simple terms:
GPT-3 is an AI system that can autocomplete text.
OpenAI Codex is an AI system that can autocomplete code.
Copilot is an extension that can autocomplete code within Visual Studio Code
You must also join the Open AI Fan Club Discord Server where we will be offering team rooms, workshops, updates and more https://discord.gg/wGdm3sQ5zH
If you do not have access to GPT-3 and Codex, send us a request to get access for the hackathon.
With recent advancements made in NLP, it is now possible to generate code from natural language, such as OpenAI’s Codex. With these advancements, many of the mundane tasks that developers do in terms of coding can be automated through AI and ML.
We are looking for developers to usher in this new era of coding with AI by building products for one or more themes listed below.
WHAT TO BUILD:
Visual Studio Code extension
Google Products: Firestore, Google Docs, Google Sheets, YouTube, Chrome extension,
Trello, Confluence Plugin
Other ideas: build a solution that improves the everyday tasks of developers in the form of a VSCode extension.
Some examples of features can include:
MUSIC, AND THE ARTS THEME:
Adobe Plugins for: XD, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Substance.
Figma, Sketch plugins
Ableton Live, Max4Live Plugin
YouTube, TikTok. Vimeo. Twitch. Veoh. The Internet Archive. Netflix. IGTV. Metacafe.
Tools for diverse learners, e.g. Dyslexia
Tools for student assessment
Tools for student assignments
Tools for student self learning
Tools for teacher lesson planning.
|DATE||Time||RESOURCE NAME||RESOURCE LINK|
|Nov 26||11 am PST||Mantium||
Discussions on specific ideas/options for tools that participants could consider building.
Friday Workshop topics:
|Dec 1||5 pm PST||Mantium||
Review the above, as well as add a "how to take it further"
|More to come|
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
1. Submission form
Submit your project to the Open AI API Future Tech Hack before the deadline and complete the submission form questionnaire. Submissions (including video/code links) are editable until the deadline.
- Introduction: Description. Describe your project, its features, and how do they improve the user's experience.
- Purpose & Motivation
- How does the application work?
- How was the application developed?
- How to use the application
- Difficulties & Challenges faced during the design and/or development process.
- Go-to-Market (How will the application be available to the public, and is it scalable?)
- Upload a short video demo of your product, including an explanation of the function and solution. This video can be submitted as a Youtube link on your Devpost page for your project.
- Videos should be in English and a maximum of 3 minutes long.
3. GitHub or other code repo link
- Please ensure that this link is publicly shareable so judges can access your project
4. Provide images, screenshots, & wireframes of your project
* By submitting your project to the Open AI API Future Tech Hack, you acknowledge that these materials may be used to promote this hackathon globally.
|TEAM FORMATION||BUILD PERIOD||JUDGING|
|Sprint||November 7||November 20 - January 9||
Presentations January 9. Winner January 16 Announcements
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
|# 1||Registration||In Devpost, click the “Register in Discord ” button and create an account.|
|# 2||Join Discord Workspace||Join the Discord Workspace: Open AI Fan Club Discord Server and introduce yourself in the #welcome channel!|
|# 3||Recruit team members||If you’re looking for team members, you can also find teammates in the Discord "looking-for-team" channel or post you’re looking for a team in the Discord "looking-for-team" channel.|
|# 4||Create a team channel in Discord||Feel free to create your own channel in Discord and invite all of your team members to it.|
|# 5||Review rules and challenges||Review the rules and guidelines on Devpost and challenge project ideas: Open AI API Future Tech Hack Rules|
|# 6||Prototype, build, and test!||Work on your challenge project and submit via Devpost. It is highly recommended reaching out to your team members through Discord|
|# 7||Submit!||Submit your completed project by the Sprint deadline posted above.
|#||ReSourCe Name||RESoUrCE LINK|
|# 1||Prompt design introduction||https://beta.openai.com/docs/guides/completion/prompt-design|
|# 2||OpenAI GPT-3 API to Python script setup||https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1tzuH4jhrZiBExYf4URoR7G8WAys_tqpK?usp=sharing|
|# 3||Advanced prompting||https://beta.openai.com/docs/guides/fine-tuning|
Mantium cloud management:Mantium is a cloud platform for building with large language models and managing them at scale.
How to get started with Mantium:
- Click here to Register on platform
- Perform integrations with supported AI providers. (OpenAI, Cohere and AI21). Click here for the guide that will help you to do this.
- Create your first 'hello world' project using Cohere.
- If you have access to OpenAI, you can read this tutorial instead.
- For more information, you can read some of the use cases that we have created tutorials on.
- If you are interested in contributing to our Client libraries, find the GitHub repository here.
- You can see our API Reference Documentation here.
- You can apply as an individual or as a team (up to 4 participants).
- Competitors can use open source libraries but not proprietary code.
- To compete in the Best university submission category, all participants from your team must be students.
The full list of rules can be found Here
- Users experience design
- How does your project help Improvement application you are building for.
- Case Study examples
- Product Demonstration
- Go to marker strategy
Open AI GPT-3/Codex
Tech Futures Group
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
MS AI/ML Graduate Student
Theme Education: Tools for diverse learners, e.g. Dyslexia Tools for student assessment Tools for teacher lesson planning.
Build a Visual Studio Code extension that improves the everyday tasks of developers Some examples of features can include: Auto debugging Auto code generation/code completion Anything else you think would improve the developer workflow
DISCORD PRODUCTIVITY THEME
Build a bot for Discord that improves the everyday tasks Anything else you think would improve the developer workflow
MUSIC, AND THE ARTS:
Plugins for Adobe: XD, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Substance. Spotify API PodCasts API Ableton Live
Users experience Workflow Improvement Innovation Case Study examples Product Demonstration Usability UI Creativity